For members of Gen Z who love group chats and want to learn and grow, Genuin is a social app that allows its users to host and participate in async group conversations using video . Unlike Discord, Genuin is super easy to use, features a vetted content library tailored to Gen Z, and allows its users to customize their community experience. We are seeking a highly motivated Marketing Director to oversee all marketing and user acquisition efforts. The ideal candidate will have experience building a social network or community-based consumer app, experience with the Gen-Z audience, and 5+ years of relevant marketing experience.
- Develop an overall marketing plan and define go-to-market plans in collaboration with the founders, leading the company to achieve product-market fit and scalable user growth.
- Value proposition definition/refinement: Define, refine, and validate value propositions consistent with broader market strategy, to achieve product-market fit.
- User acquisition: Lead efforts to acquire and onboard the app's first users. Develop campaigns with influencers, brands, and media partners.
- Guide user journey development: Define priorities for the product team and user journey definition based on strengthening value propositions and growing users.
- Creator onboarding and management: Define programs and systems for creators, lead the onboarding and growth of an active creator community.
- Data and analytics: Define and lead the establishment of funnel metrics to understand and manage improvements to the user journeys and experience.
- Brand voice: Further define and maintain a successful brand voice that attracts desired users to the Genuin platform.
- Competitive analysis: Maintain a clear understanding of other established and emerging social apps and learning platforms like Instagram, TikTok, Snapchat, Twitter, and Discord.
- Overall management of the marketing function:
- Collaborate with founders to make high-level decisions regarding the overall direction of the Genuin platform.
- Directly oversee social paid advertising campaigns, PR, social media, and partnerships, working closely with contractors and/or external agencies.
- Lead weekly status meetings with the team and report on project status.
- Identify new contract and agency resources to assist in achieving marketing goals and plans; direct team members on a daily basis.
- Ensure team members are clear on tasks and responsibilities/monitor and report back to founders on the progress of all work.
- Review analytics of campaigns and optimize nimbly, report insights, and direct the team accordingly
- Experience growing the audience or user base of a social network or community-based consumer mobile app.
- 5+ years of experience in digital marketing, including brand and performance.
- Experience with the Gen-Z audience.
- Experience with hands-on definition and leadership of marketing strategy, including value propositions, user journeys, funnel management, user research/feedback, and data/analytics.
- Excellent communication, leadership, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Available to work flexible hours as needed (must facilitate off-hours communication with team in India which sometimes requires late night or early morning meetings).
- If you have any questions or require additional information, please do not hesitate to reach out to us at email@example.com.