Consulting Director of Finance
Location: US, NYC-based is ideal but remote is possible
Position Type: Contract part-time to full-time, or full time
About Genuin:Hi, we’re Genuin. We’re on a mission to reinvent social for anyone who’s looking for a place to share and learn, start meaningful conversations, and connect with like-minded people. We are creating a one-of-a-kind experience that speaks your language and becomes a place for casual learning, growth, and connection. Genuin is built on an ANTI-algorithm. That means YOU decide what shows up in your feed... no ads, no likes or follower counts. Our mobile, video-first platform, gives you a stage to host and contribute on any topic you’re passionate about, or just level up via bite-sized content and group discussions. Help us make every connection a Genuin one.
The company is based in the US and India, is well-financed by its founder, and has been working in stealth mode for several years.
We are seeking a highly motivated Director of Finance to oversee all business planning and financial operations of the company. The ideal candidate will have experience building a social network or community-based consumer app, experience with both subscription and advertising revenue streams,, and 5+ years of relevant finance experience.
- Develop Genuin’s core business model and 3-year financial plan, including definition of revenue strategies and streams working closely with the founder, experienced advisors, and product team.
- Set up and manage financial processes and systems to produce the monthly close, cash (and eventually GAAP) accounting systems, and financial statements.
- Lead all FP&A activity to inform business decision making in building the business.
- Be in position to develop further financial strategies, processes, and systems in preparation for taking on leadership of financial operations of the company on a full-time basis.
- Experience creating financial models based on limited information and creating both pro-forma and historical financial statements.
- Excellent communication, leadership, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Available to work flexible hours as needed (must facilitate off-hours communication with team in India which sometimes requires late night or early morning meetings).
- If you have any questions or require additional information, please do not hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org