Data Scientist - I
For members of Gen Z who love group chats and want to learn and grow, Genuin is a social app that allows its users to host and participate in async group conversations using video.
Unlike Discord, Genuin is super easy to use, features a vetted content library tailored to Gen Z, and allows its users to customize their community experience. We are seeking a highly motivated Marketing Director to oversee all marketing and user acquisition efforts.
The ideal candidate will have experience building a social network or community-based consumer app, experience with the Gen-Z audience, and 5+ years of relevant marketing experience.
- Minimum 2 years of experience working as a DS.
- Graduate or above in numerical fields including Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Physics
What you’ll be working on
- State of the art deep learning systems for Computer Vision like GAN (Generative
- Adversarial Networks), RNNs/CNNs.
- Creating quick analytics dashboards using Streamlit, Google Data Studio etc.
- Data gathering and conduct Exploratory Data Analysis (EDA)
- Designing models and develop algorithms using feature engineering, statistical modelling and machine learning techniques
- Applying models, check metrics, iterate to meet target model performance
- Showcasing your work and visualization chops in appropriate forums
- Being part of the patent and publication documentation process
- NLP algorithms like SVM, Word2Vec, TF-IDF, Sentiment Analysis using libraries like NLTK.
- Automation and Analytics data pipelines on cloud platforms like AWS (s3, ECS, EC2, Cloudwatch, Athena etc.) and Heroku (with Docker)
- SQL query writing on Databases like PostGres, ElasticSearch, Aerospike etc.
Roles and responsibilities
- Identify valuable data sources and automate collection processes
- Undertake preprocessing of structured and unstructured data
- Possess the ability to understand complex problem statements and ask the right questions to get more clarity
- Have good coding skills - Python (preferred)
- Use of scientific libraries similar to and not limited to pandas, matplotlib, nltk, numpy, sklearn, seaborn, scipy, etc.
- Are good at Data Visualization
- Are comfortable with Statistics and Probability, Data Structures and Algorithms and Mathematics of Machine Learning
- Possess critical and creative thinking
- Knowledge of SQL and NoSQL databases is a plus
- Collaborate with engineering and product development teams
Good to have
- Experience with math programming is an added advantage. For example, optimization, computational geometry, numerical linear algebra, etc.